Microsoft Outlook is one of the premium email client application. It is one of the popular email client application among large and medium scale organizations. Outlook provides multiple functionalities such as emails, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, appointments etc. One can easily use Outlook with other Microsoft technologies such as Exchange server, Office 365 etc. But there are certain pinpoints where Outlook needs to be upgraded. In recent time, it is seen that most of the Outlook user-facing issues like oversized mailbox size, PST file too large to open, Outlook not responding error. As a result of which Outlook performances depletes continuously. Consequences of which seen in popularity and downfall of Outlook as a premium email client. So in this article we will discuss top methods to split large Outlook PST files without any restrictions.
Methods to Split Large Outlook PST Files With Items Like Emails, Contacts, Calendars
Technically there are multiple complex methods are available to break large Outlook PST files into smaller parts. Some of them are:
- Import & Export Techniques to Reduce Size of Outlook PST Files
- Move Outlook Mailbox Data on Locally Created Folder
- Archiving Technique to Reduce Size of Outlook Mailbox Size.
The methods mentioned above are feasible for the Outlook user who have a limit number of Outlook PST files. But for the organizational user, it not technically feasible. So what should corporate Outlook users need to split oversized Outlook PST files into Smaller parts. We will discuss this in the coming up sections, so keep reading this article to know about the solution to split large Outlook PST files into smaller parts.
Automated Solution to Split Large Outlook PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
As the manual solution to divide large PST files of Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 can work efficiently with one or two Outlook PST file at a time. But what about the corporate who have an enormous number of PST files. The solution for this issue is the use of an automated solution such as PST Splitter Software. Now we will discuss in details the solution which can be used as the key for the corporate user to deal with oversized Outlook PST files into the minimum amount of time.
The Split PST Tool is a highly advanced software which can easily split large Outlook PST files into smaller files. With the help of this tool, you can avoid 2GB PST file corruption issue. The software can split Outlook archive PST file by Date, Size, Year or Folder. It has an option to split all items including Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks etc thus this feature makes it the best tool to split Outlook PST files. The tool is compatible with MS Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 formats.
Let’s Have Quick Glance on the Features of PST Splitter Software
- The PST file splitter tool allows splitting the PST of any size into smaller chunks. With this utility, it is possible to break UNICODE & ANSI Outlook PST files without any data loss.
- Performs the splitting in four different ways including Split PST by date, by size, by year & by folder.
- The software also allows dividing archive PST files & folders. With this, you can easily archive the files according to date, size & year.
- The best PST file Splitter tool ensures to split only those files which are not corrupted. But, you can break the files of a size which nearly is of 2 GB (ANSI format).
- If in case of PST file corruption, there is no need to repair it as PST Splitter is proficient enough to deal with the corruption of Outlook PST files.
- There is no PST file size limitation given by the tool.
- The tool divides all items which include: Emails, contacts, calendars, tasks etc
- After the process gets completed the Split PST tool generates & saves the report in CSV file format.
- The tool makes it possible to save the files after splitting to any of your desired locations. You need to only create a new folder from the software pane & save the files through it.
- Select the options of the MS Outlook format to split PST file. You can choose any of the versions which are 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016.
How to Split Oversized Outlook PST Files With Software – Quick Guide
- Start the Split PST utility to split Outlook archive PST file into smaller parts.
- The interface will appear. Now, click on “Split” button.
- On the next menu, you can select the Outlook versions along with filters. You can select the filters according to your requirement.
- Now browse through the location & select the PST file. Also, specify the size of the file. You can also provide the destination location by clicking on the browse button provided below.
- Click on Next to begin the process. The next window will appear displaying a summary of the product. Click on “Split” button.
- A screen will appear showing the ‘splitting process is completed’. Click OK
- Then in the corresponding screen click on “saved CSV” to save the split report.
Merits & Demerits of Automated Solution to Split Outlook Archive PST File
- The tool split PST by date, size, year & folder.
- It has no file size limitations
- Software does not split corrupted MS Outlook PST files.
- MS Outlook installation is mandatory for splitting large PST files.
- The free version of this software will only split 50 emails & for an option like “Split PST by Folder” the software only splits 10 emails per folder.
Also Read: How to Move From Outlook Express to Outlook?
The Final Words
Since far we have discussed how Outlook user have to face multiple problems when Mailbox size gets increased. We also limelight the manual solution to split Outlook PST file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and so on. But the manual solution can works perfectly with the one or two PST files efficiently. But in case, if you have bulk Outlook PST files then in such case it fails. So, it is recommended to use an automated solution to split large Outlook PST files without any restrictions. The best about the software is that it can easily split corrupt or inaccessible Outlook PST files into smaller parts.