How to merge multiple PST files into one in Outlook
The management of Outlook data files is always the hectic tasks which may consume several hours if you do not have technical expertise. The operation become more complex if we have to merge multiple Outlook data files in bulk. To overcome such types of circumstances in the future, we will discuss some quick tips and tricks to merge two PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & below version.
This is already justified that Microsoft Outlook is one the prominent email client application, widely used by business people as well individual too. But there are certain circumstances where old version of Microsoft Outlook need some deep insights into limit of data stored. In the current version of Outlook the problem has solved up-to some extent. As a result of which most of the Outlook user move from older version of Outlook to latest one specifically for increased data size limit. The problems of Outlook user not ended up here. They have to face more when requires solution to merge 2 PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. The merging of Outlook data files so beneficial in case you do not want to access each PST file separately.
Learn How to Merge Two PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 Via Manual Trick
The process of merging Outlook data files via manual solution is so complex and time consuming. However, the steps to merge 2 PST files in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 is mentioned below.
There are two different operation you have to perform to accomplish the task of merging Outlook data files.
- Creation of New Outlook Data File
- Import Outlook PST Files into Newly Created PST File
Step 1: Creation of New outlook Data File
The Steps to Follow to create new Outlook data file
- Open Microsoft Outlook email client application and go to New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File options
- Then after, choose the destination location in order to save a new blank PST and give a unique name to it
- At last, click on the OK button
Step 2: Import Outlook PST File into Newly Created Outlook Data File
In this step you have to import PST file which you merge into newly created Outlook PST file.
- Again, open MS Outlook and click on the File >> Open >> Import option
- Then after Import-Export Wizard will open. Select Import from another program or file option and click on the Next button
- Then, select Outlook Data File (.pst) to import from as a file type
- And, click on the Next button
- Now, Click on the Browse button in order to select the file that you want to import
- Here, you can check Do not import duplicates box option to prevent migration of duplicates. Then, click on the Next button
- Then, choose the folder that you want to import
- After that, check Include sub-folders and Import items into the same folder in options
- At last, click on the Finish button
After the completion of the above steps safely, The Outlook data files imported successfully to the folder you have chosen the when asked. Now, you have to continuously repeat the task until all the PST file get imported to the blank PST file.
The Shortcomings of Manual Approach to Merge 2 PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013
Although the manual solution is free but does give assurance of safe and secure merge of PST files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. It will consumes more time as needs to perform the task every time for each PST file they have. Apart from this, there are other complications with the manual approach to merge Outlook data files. So its is better to go with the automated solution to merge PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and lower versions.
Automated Solution to Merge Outlook Data Files in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
In the above section, we have discussed the consequences of manual approach to merge 2 PST files in Outlook 2016,2013, 2010, 2007. So, it suggested to use Merge PST Files Software to lightening fast result. It is one of the major software recommended by experts to merge Outlook data files with any complications. The software supports to merge PST file via its 3 unique merging features such as Join, Merge, Merge Contacts. It also provides option to remove duplicate emails while merging Outlook PST file.
The Last Line
The process of merging PST files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010,2 007 is one the major task that every Outlook user needs to perform once in life when they wants to switch from old Outlook version to newer version of Outlook. To save lots of time, the automated solution is recommended to merge Outlook PST files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.