A global gaming and laptop manufacturing company, Razer Inc. was established in 2005 by the Singaporean entrepreneur Min-Liang Tan. CEO Min-Liang Tan has confirmed that the Razer gaming smartphone will soon be launched in India. Tim Moss, Head of Razer mobile division, tweeted a photo which reveals Razer Snake logo on a smartphone in Moss’s pocket. It was rumored that the company was planning to develop a mobile device designed for its gamers. Razer CEO and co-founder Min-Liang Tan have confirmed that its maiden smartphone will soon launch by the end of the year.
Razer’s gaming smartphone
This is not the first time that a company has taken a step to launch a smartphone for gamers. In the past, Nokia tried doing this with the N-gage. Sony also attempted this with the Xperia Play. Nearly 3 years ago, Mitashi launched the Mitashi Play Thunderbolt smartphone. The Razer gaming smartphone Phone was launched in November last year. However, the company has not revealed the launched date but it is expected to launch on 1st November in India.
- The Razer Phone runs older Snapdragon 835 SoC.
- Razer Phone sports a 5.7-inch QHD with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution.
- IGZO LCD display with up to 120Hz refresh rate and Wide Color Gamut (WCG).
- The front panel is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- An 8GB RAM, Adreno 540 GPU and includes 64GB UFS inbuilt storage which can be expandable up to 2TB via microSD card.
- Razer Phone has dual rear cameras you can capture best photos!
- There is a 12MP wide-angle sensor along with a 13MP zoom sensor at the back.
- Includes PDAF and a dual tone LED flash.
- Dual front-facing speaker with dual amplifiers and Audio Adapter with THX certified DAC.
- Gaming smartphone features a 4000mAh lithium-ion battery. The battery also supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+.
- The gaming company features it’s Game Booster.
Connectivity features include Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, LTE, and GPS. Earlier this year, Razer acquired Nextbit, a cloud-based smartphone manufacturer. Stay tuned for more updates.
Tech-savvy and a passionate blogger. I have done software engineering from the University of Mumbai. Technology Specialist 2.0 in DOT NET. I also have my personal website http://glamourbytes.com/