Last year Xiaomi’s Mi A1 android one smartphone was a success despite few bugs. The Mi A1 was launched in India for around Rs 14,999 with 4GB RAM and 64GB variant. Now, the company is set to launch Mi A2 along with A2 Lite on July 24 in Spain. The company released teasers of its upcoming Android One smartphone. rumors suggest that Mi A2 will be similar to Mi 6X. Xiaomi is maintaining the legacy with Mi A1’s successor, a part of Google’s Android One.
Xiaomi Mi A2
The phone will have no bezels on the side. It features a 5.99 FHD 2160×1080 pixel resolution display. Mi A2 is expected to be powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor coupled with Adreno 512 GPU. The device is expected to be announced in 3 variants – 4GB RAM along with 64GB internal storage, 6GB RAM + 64GB internal storage and the last one with 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage. It sports a 20MP front camera. The smartphone runs Android 8.1 Oreo. It is powered by a 3,010mAh battery with Quick Charging features.
The Xiaomi A2 Lite is expected to be powered by a 4,000mAh battery and connectivity options includes a 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, and GPS.
- A dual 12MP + 20MP rear cameras with dual camera setup.
- The phone is packed with 3,000mAh battery.
- It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box.
- Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite will cost around Rs 18,400.
- Xiaomi Mi A2 is expected to have a muted antenna bands.
- Both A2 and A2 Lite phones will have round fingerprint scanner at the back. This enables you to quickly access your smartphone.
- The smartphone could USB Type-C port, but no headphone jack.
Xiaomi did not release many details about the upcoming smartphone. However, rumors suggested that the device would have a Snapdragon 660 chipset, run Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box, and sports a rear dual camera setup. We don’t know the exact price of the smartphone in India.
Tech-savvy and a passionate blogger. I have done software engineering from the University of Mumbai. Technology Specialist 2.0 in DOT NET. I also have my personal website http://glamourbytes.com/