HMD Global has officially announced the second generation- Nokia 3.1 smartphone in the Indian market. Nokia 3.1 was first launched in Moscow in May alongside the Nokia 2.1. The smartphone is a new mid-range gadget with key features like 18:9 HD+ display and 2,990mAh battery.
Nokia 3.1 with 18:9 display launched in India
The smartphone is a part of the Android One programme. The Nokia 3.1 will receive 3 years of monthly security patches and 2 years of major Operating System updates. The device is expected to cost Rs 10,499 for the 2GB RAM + 16GB storage variant. It will be available in three colors- Blue/Copper, White/Iron, and Black/Chrome color. The smartphone was introduced as the successor to Nokia 3.
With Nokia 3.1, the company is updating and upgrading key features. The smartphone sports a 5.2-inch HD+ LCD display with 1440 x 720 pixels resolution. It also features an anodized aluminum chassis, which is similar to its predecessor.
- Powered by an octa-core MediaTek 6750 chipset clocked at 1.5GHz.
- The smartphone features 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.
- There is a camera setup with a 13MP primary camera and an 8MP secondary camera which uses a wider 84.6-degree lens.
- It features a 5.2-inch HD+ display coupled with 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Gorilla Glass layer on the front panel.
- Although HMD Global announced Nokia 3.1 with two variants- a 2GB RAM/16GB storage and 3GB RAM/32GB storage, the company brought only the 2GB RAM variant to the Indian market.
- An expandable storage support of 128GB via microSD card.
- Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS.
- Sensors include an accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, and proximity sensor.
- The smartphone weighs 138.3 grams.
- It runs Android-One based Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box.
- Features a battery backup of 2900mAh.
The Nokia 3.1 will be available for sale on Nokia’s online store, offline stores, and Paytm Mall starting July 21. Consumers can avail many offers. If you want to purchase Nokia 3.1 from a retail outlet, you can use Paytm. Scanning the Paytm Mall QR code you can avail 10% cashback on recharges and bill payments on Paytm and other cashback vouchers. ICICI Bank Debit card or credit card holders can further avail a 5% cashback offer. HMD Global is also providing offers to Vodafone and Idea subscribers as well.
Tech-savvy and a passionate blogger. I have done software engineering from the University of Mumbai. Technology Specialist 2.0 in DOT NET. I also have my personal website http://glamourbytes.com/