Of course, getting higher page ranking is not at all easy! There are many obstacles. For instance, you can’t just rely on keywords for authority backlinks! You will have to find other important factors that can improve your Page ranking. Almost every blogger has one common goal in mind- Get higher ranking on Search Engines! Page ranking depends on many factors. Google uses hundreds of factors to determine page ranking of a site. One of the most important factors (over the years) is the domain authority of a website.
The Domain Authority (DA) of a website describes the content of your site. Domain Authority is a website metric developed by Moz indicates the authority of your website. It predicts the ranking of your site. The higher your domain authority, the higher your website will rank on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPS). Domain Authority is measured on a scale of 1 to 100. the ranking you’ll have. A low DA can negatively affect your traffic and ranking. Therefore it’s important to have good DA.
Few facts about Domain Authority:
- To calculate DA, over 40 signals are taken into consideration.
- Websites that rank higher on search engines results tend to have a high DA score.
- High DA means high search engine rankings which will attract more traffic.
Best ways to increase your website’s Domain Authority
Now that you know what is domain authority and why is it so important! In order to start with dA, the basic step is to get rid of Bad links. Let’s look at some simple and effective ways to increase your website’s DA.
1. Choose Right Domain name
If you are planning to register a domain name for your website, then you need to be careful. Choose a relevant domain name for your site. The domain name of your site should be aligned with the contents of your sites.
Factors to consider while choosing a domain name
- Should be relevant and controversy-free.
- Easy to remember. If the domain name of your site is hard to remember, then no one will try to remember it!
- Do not use brands name in your domain name unless you have the authority to do so.
2. Write engaging content
“Content is King!” You need to write relevant and engaging content for your visitors. When you copy contents from other sites, you are actually losing some potential audience. Unique and creative content gets credibility everywhere. It does not matter how much you write. The thing that matter is the quality of your content.
Follow the steps
- Search for trending topics.
- Select and analyze the topic.
- Research on the content of the topics.
- Use relevant keywords and phrases.
- Include images and anchor text in your content.
3. On-page SEO
This is another effective method. On-page SEO includes activities which are carried out on the pages you want to publish. On-page SEO, you can solve most of the technical issues by yourself. You can manage contents of your site, multi-media and keywords are all in your hands.
- It improves quality of your code.
- On-page SEO will improve the visual content of your site.
- Improves user-friendliness of your website.
- Internal Link building is one of the important factors involved in On-page SEO. Link building is easy if the content of your site is awesome!
Follow the steps
- Includes keywords in page titles, metadata and image attributes.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Try to keep the keyword density between 0.5 to 1.5%.
- Use proper heading tags like H1, H2, H3, etc. This will help you with your SEO.
- Do keyword planning and research. If you have no clue about it, then read here.
- Use an SEO-friendly permalink structure along with the keyword.
4. Linkable Contents
If your content is good, then you can have a relevant and good amount of links! Good quality content will drive your business. It’s not that only contents can drive your business, but engaging content will help you with your DA score. A killer internal links require a killer web content! No matter how good your website looks, it’s of no use if your content is not good! There is no magic number for internal links. Add as many links as you want to depend on the length of your content. Use links wherever necessary.
5. Mobile-friendly site
A huge number of people access the web using mobile for searching, online shopping, etc. If you have no idea about the mobile market, then the best way to use a responsive website. WordPress users have access to dozens of free responsive and dynamic Themes for your website. A mobile-friendly website helps you to browse on different platforms easily!
If your website is not mobile-friendly, you can lose many potential clients! Your site should be compatible with different devices and browsers. If your website does not look good on a tablet, mobile or laptop, then your visitors will not come back to your site. You can check the compatibility of your site, then try the Mobile-Friendly Test by Google Developers page. This will help you out with your SEO. You can analyze your website.
We hope you understood the importance of Domain Authority and different ways to increase your site’s DA!
Tech-savvy and a passionate blogger. I have done software engineering from the University of Mumbai. Technology Specialist 2.0 in DOT NET. I also have my personal website http://glamourbytes.com/